Presented by Tristan Flynn
CEUs: PPAB 1, CCPDT (pending), IAABC (pending)
Dog parks and dog daycare's are becoming increasing popular in North America. It is common place for pet owners, daycare workers, and trainers to be around large (40+) groups of off leash dogs. Having a large playgroup results in different interactions, behaviors, risks and management strategies than dogs who are in smaller groups.
This webinar will outline how to manage larger off leash groups, breed behavior in large groups, dangerous situations to watch for and avoid and an overall blueprint for how to successfully manage large playgroups for safe and healthy interactions off leash.
- Learn breed specific behaviors when managing a large off leash group
- Identify dangerous situations in large groups and how to avoid and control them
- How to manage dog play in large play groups
- The role of status and dominance in large play groups
- Key Body Language to look for in off leash groups
- How to deal with aggression and conflict in large play groups
About The Presenter
Tristan Flynn, CDBC, CPDT-KA is a certified trainer and behavior consultant. He owns Jollytails, Halifax's largest dog daycare, training, grooming and retail facility. Jollytails has roughly 140 dogs between their two locations daily for dog daycare.
Tristan has lectured for PPG in several webinars and at the 2016 Summit and will be a presenter at the 2017 Summit in Orlando. Tristan has a training DVD, “The Leash Reactivity Blueprint” available through Tawzer Dog and Dogwise.
Tristan has been featured on a variety of TV segments for Global News, CTV News and hosted a Radio show called the K9 Connection, which was heard in Atlantic Canada from 2013-2016.
Tristan lives with his 9 year old Bernese Mountain Dog Freyja in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada